RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Saturday 20 December 2014

WRITING AS SOMEONE ELSE: A REPORT FROM A FUGITIVE.

I've been experimenting with the idea of writing as someone else.
   In the murky past, I wrote about the bad side of that world. HERE'S A BLOG POST ABOUT THAT. I'll wait for you.


*

Time to look at the positive side. Sometimes, the grumpy online persona you've cultivated...
   Going out on a limb, here.
   Sometimes that grumpy persona won't cut it if you are trying to write for the Brony market.
   Yes, I had to Google Brony when I first encountered the term. No, I am not writing for the Brony market.
   So. Anyway. No sock puppetry here. Just an attempt to write in another way. Leaving myself to one side and being someone else is difficult.
   A lie was told there surely.
   Will this other project work out for me? Well, I fucking hope so. But hey, you learn from everything. It's difficult to be in two places at the same time...
   So the upshot is that many projects over here...they stack up. They wait to land. I don't expect to see all that much added to the finished pile over here. My own stuff, I am talking about.
   Over there, I will work my way through some items. But, for reasons of the plot, you can't drive over there from here.


*

I want to keep the other items separate from the projects that are over here. The point of this blog post is to say...
   Things may be even quieter over here, than of late. I'm still beavering away, building a damn dam. Over there.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment