RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Saturday 27 December 2014

LET IT SNOW: A REPORT FROM A FUGITIVE.

After deciding to make snow on the blog a permanent feature, I braved the elements.
   This is an unsubtle code used in newspapers and on television. It means I went out in the rain.
   A rogue Christmas card came in. Rogues appear before the start, causing the start. They also appear near the finish and slightly after. The true rogue card arrives in late November.
   It was on sale in a shop from September, though. :0
   By mid-December, the single spies turn to flocks. I greatly misquote Bacon in mangling Shakespeare. Kevin Bacon will forgive me, I'm sure.
   At the other end of the month, just before Christmas, as the postal service freezes over, there are late-arriving festive messages. These are  handed in by weary travellers who walked the length of an entire street.
   Those people are in our thoughts.
   Blank cards stay handy for near-instant replies. Some neighbours are organised, and deliver cards by fake daylight. This endless twilight is battleship in its greyness and greatness.
   Other neighbours struggle against the rising tide, fail, and are swept along in darkness. Muttering is done.


*

The night before the night before Christmas, one last local card came through the letterbox. That source was investigated. A handy card lay blank and ready for a return shot.
   I braved the elements.
   And I thought about the snow on my blog. Walking through the streets to deliver a card, I marvelled at the light displays beaming through the rainy night.
   Snowflakes on windows. Reindeer. A large red-clad jolly chap. Icicle lights dangling from on high. Wintry themes, all. Frosty. Snowy.
   But life is rainy far more often than not. This time, I am hard-pressed to remember more than two frosty mornings. And I'm including November in the tally.
   Occasionally, a proper wintry day comes along, bringing a chill wind. And I think of that day as a January one.
   There are places far-flung and nearby, with snow all around. Whether it's raining or not where you are, here's the cold code for snow on your blog...

IT'S COLD OUTSIDE.

<script src="http://yourjavascript.com/25223141921/snowstorm-min.js"></script><a href="http://www.globeinourhands.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">SNS Blog Snow Effect</a>

   I'll leave you with a year-round song about winter, written by Dave Goulder and performed by Mike Harding.
   THE JANUARY MAN.

*

Update. Blog revamping took the snow away. If I ever find a way to return it, I'll drop clouds of the stuff on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment