RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Tuesday 3 December 2013

SNOW ON THE BLOG, HTML-PERMITTING.

Mortality.
   I was advertised over at GREEN EMBERS. Cool? Well, it was snowing over there. So I searched the internet for some HTML code that actually worked.
   By chance, the piece of code that did the trick was the same one used by Bradley Corbett - host of that blog. Now it's snowing on my blog.
   If you want to use the same thing, here's the code.

<script src="http://yourjavascript.com/25223141921/snowstorm-min.js"></script><a href="http://www.globeinourhands.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">SNS Blog Snow Effect</a>

   In Blogger, you add a gadget. Then you choose the option to add HTML. Paste that code into the location and you should have snow. Mouse movement alters snow direction and speed.

*

Bradley Corbett was one of those bloggers who popped up all over the place before my eventual collision with his READ TUESDAY plans.
   Another blogger operating in that vein was E.B. Black. It seemed likely that she'd end up visiting this blog, as, for a time, she accidentally owned the internet.
   She bought it from Jack in exchange for those pesky beans she tried to ditch. Hey, the guy walked away with a beanstalk. Don't knock that deal. You'll be reading about E.B. Black on this blog very shortly.

*

Mortality?
   Since you asked...
   So there's this snow effect on my blog. For how long? December. January. Maybe into February. Will I run a rain effect after that? I don't know.
   This much I do know. If I die while the snow falls on my blog, that snow will fall eternally.
   Or until Blogger disappears up its own digital backside.
   Yes, that afterthought wasn't quite as poetic. I should add that eternal snow might be the result of a glitch in not being able to remove the effect. Doesn't mean I'm gone. Just lost in the snow.


*

Update. At the distance of a year, snow went back on the blog and I decided to make it a permanent feature.

*

In an update to the update, there was a blogquake. After changing basic formatting, I found my blog lost the ability to snow. Nice, while it lasted.
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment