RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Thursday 1 November 2018

NO CALL FOR A NEW BOARDGAMING BLOG: A REPORT FROM A FUGITIVE.

For a minute I considered setting up another blog, to handle boardgame content. Then I reconsidered. With boardgame-themed videos going up regularly, my video outlet is the gaming outlet.
   This is my blog, and I'll talk about whatever I want to. And if I want to, I'll mention gaming here as well. No call for a whole new blog, to handle gaming articles.
   I'll let the blog post titles take care of all that. You'll know from the title if there's gaming in the air.
   Somewhen in the history of the universe, before our planet blows away into the cosmos, I'll post revised rules for a tiny game. And you'll know this from the blog title.
   Frantically checks unpublished blog post.
   Yes, the title is game-related.
   (Discovers there are eighteen unpublished blog posts. Hardly any of those seem remotely publishable. Must work on this problem over coffee. Lots of coffee.)

*

An extra blog, devoted to gaming, is an extra headache in terms of admin. Too much admin. I chant this by the light of a misty full moon, razorwire cobwebs clinging to doorways, as autumn crystallises into winter.
   A lot of coffee fuels the effort that goes into scripting, filming, editing, and sound editing those gaming videos. Mostly, if I want to say anything about gaming...I'll say what I must in videos.
   All that content goes to YouTube, and I can't justify the admin on creating a gaming blog that I won't post to frequently enough. Game stuff is welcome here. It's simpler to make this simple. Keeping things simple is the complex part.

*

How are things in gaming-land, and is there honey still for tea? The last two videos (checking game components, and The Raven by Poe) were heavy on sound editing.
   It's possible to script, record, film, edit and sound edit, and publish a video in one day. But I'm taking two to three days to nail the jelly to the wall each time.
   Filming game components took over an hour to furnish the raw camera footage. The rule is brutal: film more stuff than you need, and chop that shit down to fit the audio.
   As much as possible, I script what I want to say. That noble endeavour throws itself on spiked railings after two minutes...
   I'm often forced to go in and paraphrase, drop a forgotten point in, or just damn well scrap the audio and start over, ad-libbing like a maniac let loose in the Louvre with an open pot of purple emulsion.

*

Now I must away to clear the gaming table for another video. Off goes the giant plastic skull. Farewell, I say, to the more accurate life-size skull. Goodbye to the statues and cheerio to the restaurant frames that hold murder-themed posters.
   It's time to set up the next miniature movie. Lights, camera, action, camera glitch, inaction, darkness...







No comments:

Post a Comment