RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Sunday 1 April 2018

SORCERY SAVES SPACE: A REPORT FROM A FUGITIVE.

What was the upshot of upgrading the writing machinery? The cybernetic legs were shaky for a few weeks. And then...
   I remembered my laser printer had wireless. By arcane means, with the sacrifice of many a henged stone, I sought to tame the beast.
   Easier said than spread. Why couldn't I add this Wi-Fi ability automatically? Just click a button.
   The button refused to cooperate.
   And so I uninstalled my printer attached by umbilical and installed my printer attached by umbilical. To add Wi-Fi, the system forced me to connect the USB cable for a little bit.
   Much ritual chanting followed. Then I endured a period of non-ritual chanting, non-chanting, and non-ritual.
   Luckily, I didn't sever anything in the process. No bleeding. I was about to give birth to a wireless printer. Test. Well, that worked.
   I hauled the printer from its nest in the MOST AWKWARD LOCATION A PRINTER EVER RESIDED IN, and I staggered into another room.
   Slight exaggeration. I sat the printer on a chair and wheeled the chair into another room. Would the second part of the test prove good and true?
   Yes. I printed a document from my printer in  another room. Job done. So the upshot of upgrading the writing machinery was...
   That I'd finally gained access to the hidden sorcery inside the printer. And I need never balance like an acrobat on all the shaky things, never ever ever again, just to print a page.
   After the printer came out of there, a chunk of shelving went in. Now I've taken control of a slice of wall I couldn't store anything against before.
   This made my office safer. I also rearranged bookshelves. As soon as you gain a sliver of space, you don't automatically cram something in there. Instead, you rearrange ALL THE BULKY things that wouldn't quite fit right before.
   That was the last major revamp of the office. I tell myself this at least once a year. And I do that every six months, according to the files.
   How many offices have I created, uncreated, recreated, destroyed, atomised, resurrected, and shifted about? Count the stars in the sky. Add a random number based on grains of rice on your plate if you are eating rice. Then add three.
   I think that about covers it.

No comments:

Post a Comment