RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Friday 30 December 2016

A VAMPIRE'S HALLOWE'EN: A REPORT FROM A FUGITIVE.

Amazon is always changing, and backstage that publishing bookshelf had a makeover or three. Some of the alterations look like change for the sake of change, and I'll leave my acidic commentary at that.
   On a related note, the Amazon widgets ceased being widgety and I'll have to work out an alternative plan involving string, glue, and wishful fucking thinking to tidy the blog.

*

This year kept me busy in all the wrong sorts of ways. I had a complex writing project on the go, until it fell at the last hurdle.
   By that, I mean the book vaulted that last hurdle, chinned itself on a passing bluebottle, and keeled over.
   I left entrails in the trails.
   Dust was bitten. Mightily.
   Then I had a new task. Reviving the lost project, and sewing the bits and missing pieces together. I'll get there.
   In the meantime...every day is Hallowe'en.

*

I managed to scribble a quick vampire story. Frankly, I'm as surprised as you are. It'll be dust in the gutter at dawn, next. If there is a dawn.
   As I type this, dawn was well-delayed by the thickest cloud-cover I've seen in many a canty day. The day is far from canty now.
   It's sobering to see security lights guiding me down the path on my dusk-like trek to the bin.
   I expect sunset within the hour, with noon to follow not long after.

*

And so, I end the year on a rapid publishing stint. It wasn't my intention to publish this vampire story at Hallowe'en. Rather, I wanted to write it then, for atmosphere, and publish when I could.
   For reasons of the plot, it was important to note sunrise and sunset as Hallowe'en loomed. These events are vital to vampires, and their chroniclers.
   Things stand in your way, and it takes an age to scramble around them. But the effort is always worth it. I have to say that. No one else will.
   And that's the point of self-publishing. You clean the pots and pans and make the plots and plans all by yourself.
   My first plan was to write a vampire story at Hallowe'en, and my second plan was to publish by year's end. Job done.


Now, back to the matter of reviving and completing the book that fell apart through no fault of my own. Every year is busy. I see 2017 being that bit busier.

No comments:

Post a Comment