RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Saturday 1 October 2016

ALL BETS ARE OFF: A REPORT FROM A FUGITIVE.

Gambling laws.
   I researched the laws in different countries. My plan, in the far-flung future, is to host a competition with terms, conditions, rules, guidelines, and whatever else has to go in there to stay legal.
   Holding back recipes and driving directions, for now.



   The main thing is to avoid accidentally turning a competition into a lottery or a gambling event.
   No purchase necessary, and no bets on horses.
   Pictured...boxes with prizes in them. Definitely not lottery prizes. I checked.

*

Oh, how I checked.
   The competition is at an early stage, yet. And if you are thinking of hosting a writerly competition on your blog, make sure your early stage involves double-checking all sorts of laws.
   I sorted the legal business. Then I arranged the prizes, and boxes to post those prizes in. The competition involves no purchase. I'm in the clear, legally, no matter where the contestants live. For I'll employ that age-old piece of boiler, this contest is void where prohibited by law.
   All of this, to give away crates of loot. Reading material. In support of...
   Ah. Well. In support of a new publication. The road is twisty, and steeply downhill when not abruptly uphill. I may fall off a cliff or into a bog, yet.
   However, the end of the end of the end is now in sight. You can't bet on that. All bets are off.

No comments:

Post a Comment