RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Monday 21 March 2016

INJURY FOR WRITERS: A REPORT FROM A FUGITIVE.

Recovering from feeling somewhat shitty, I slashed my thumb.
   That story has a sequel.
   Today, I punctured my other thumb. Yes, I'm blogging about running out of thumbs.
   At least I was instantly aware of this injury. A snake bit me. Special kind of snake, well-known to authors. A metal snake. Its fangs were the prongs of a staple.
   Make no mistake. There's no such thing as the Paperless Office. Paper leads to occupational hazards...
   Writers face slashing cuts from paper, and dangerous punctures from staples. I'll end up slipping on paper, and tumble to my doom 'neath a precariously-balanced pile o' books.
   Anyway. The great hyperlinking battle of 2016 is but a memory. A memory shot through with injuries, illness, grumpiness, and caffeine. (Which I almost added a fucking hashtag to. Thanks, Twitter.)
   I will now crawl to a quiet place and allow thumb regeneration to unfold with the speed of a tranquilised snail.
   On the bonus side, I just won a box of chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment