RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Monday 24 August 2015

COUNTING THE COST OF A BOOKCASE: A REPORT FROM A FUGITIVE.

Marvel of marvels. Two blog posts in one day. I had to let people know I wasn't killed beneath an avalanche of books.
   No, I'm not counting the financial cost of a bookcase. In my last post, which I wrote a million years ago earlier today, I mentioned three or four hundred books.
   As these books migrated to the new big eff-off bookcase, the numbers grew clearer. Stacks behind stacks, ahead of or to the side of other obscured stacks, were hard to count. Until they landed on the new big eff-off bookcase.
   I added. And added. Added some more.
   Worth blogging about. I'd carried 610 books into the house, and dumped them on the floor. Gradually, these tomes clambered into position on the shelves.
   Six hu...
   What the eff was I thinking? They aren't staying. For sheer convenience, I threw books on shelves. In time, I'll weed out the duplicates. That calls for checking against the rest of the bookcases.
   And I'll eliminate obscure books destined to see recycling in charity shops. For the first time ever, I've gathered a few books destined for a harsher form of recycling.
   But, for now, they'll do as they are on the shelves. For I have a mind to make use of this unexpected library, photographically.
   Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment