RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Wednesday 10 December 2014

DISCOUNT KINDLE SALE UNTIL 16TH DECEMBER: A REPORT FROM A FUGITIVE.



VAT is one of the more annoying forms of taxation.
   When I set up my sales for the 9th-16th of December, I saw calculations telling me about the level of discounting.
   And I blogged in advance.
   When the sales started yesterday, I checked the Amazon pages and saw that the numbers were a little skewed. (VAT is only charged in a few places.) So I returned to the blog and put in corrections.
   Instead of 91% off one title, the end result was an 85% discount. Though Amazon had been the source for both figures, once the sale went live, the 85% level ruled.
   Nothing wrong in going back in to a piece you've published and making essential updates. My figures were right at time of going to press, and they were right when I updated them based on the latest news. No crime.
   Anyway, there's a massive saving on one book. And there's a 75% saving on another novel. The short fiction hovers around the 50% mark, depending on where you are making your purchase from.
   Three of my works are not part of Kindle Direct Publishing  Select, and those don't qualify for discount sales.
   Does READ TUESDAY do anything for us, as writers? It gets me talking about writing, about writers. Yes, I talk about all that writerly stuff anyway.
   I don't want a sale day to be just about sales. Writers of fiction must have a capacity for the creation of delusion. So I delude myself. No crime. Delusion is an essential component.
   Go out there and find money off books while you can - the event was on a Tuesday. But discount sales are arranged in blocks...
   I had the option of doing a one-day sale and using the allocated block in any case...or of using the whole five-day wedge. My stuff's on sale until the 16th for that reason - the choice I made. Use up five days on a one-day sale, or on a five-day sale? Hmm...
   That made for a very long Tuesday sale. :0

*

Head to Amazon Kindle store. There are links from here to there. Or just walk in there and type RLL. You will find my books. But go looking for other authors hosting December sales.
   And go looking for authors who aren't hosting sales at all. ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment