RLLauthor@outlook.com and @RLL_author GO TO AMAZON KINDLE STORE AND TYPE RLL. YOU WILL FIND MY BOOKS.

Tuesday 19 November 2013

READ TUESDAY. THE TUESDAY GANG. WANTED POSTERS.

http://www.readtuesday.com/

So what's all this about wanted posters?

*

The replies are trickling in. I'm running these posters daily on my blog. Feel free to use these images - no one has objected yet. Not even Doc McMullen, whose crimes were too terrible to mention.
   I tried to design something that could be whipped out and replaced if the author had a better image. And the blank space is room enough to drop in an e-mail address or a logo to the left or right.
   Just a daft little idea. But the central point remains. Plugging a sale is sterile. This is about reading and writing. So we have to do something beyond plugging in a bland way.
   I took the insane step of following the READ TUESDAY Twitter feed. Yes, I'll follow all these people.
   Through that I've encountered loads of authors, and I've helped out here and there with blogging tips.
   On the day itself, the sale may utterly stiff, curl up, and die. And here's the thing. I don't care if all this activity doesn't push my books.
   Why not?
   I've gained immeasurably over the past few days. Just learning about the new tortures Blogger invented for me was reason enough to participate. (Sound of spluttering in the background.) The hell with it. I'm copying this e-mail over to my blog.

*

That's the story. I featured authors on this blog. So far, they've agreed to participate in the sale on the 10th of December. And so far, they've all been published authors.
   This is not about plugging a sale, so I should soon feature authors who can't make the sale. And authors who aren't even published yet.
   Yet.
   Chris McMullen and I haven't actually done the Q&A thing, but as the originator of READ TUESDAY he'll feature in a wanted poster quite soon.
   The next poster will be out shortly. Misha Burnett kicked the whole idea off by wearing a hat. Nice of someone to take the blame...

No comments:

Post a Comment